Matcha Cookie 抹茶クッキー
What you need:
- 2 cups flour (250g)
- 3 tbsp Odayaka Matcha (18g)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (white or black)
- ¾ cup butter (170g)
- 1 cup powdered sugar*
- ¼ tsp salt
*To make 1 cup powdered sugar, blend ½ cup granulated sugar with 1 tsp cornstarch until a fine powder. Otherwise, substitute with ½ cup granulated sugar.
10 simple steps:
- In a large bowl, sift flour and Odayaka Matcha.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter (sat out in room temperature for 15 minutes) until a consistent creamy texture, while adding salt.
- Add powdered sugar and blend.
- Add 2 egg yolks and blend.
- Add flour and matcha mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and blend.
- Shape the dough into a uniform roll, 5 cm in diameter (or desired size). You can cut the roll into a few parts for easier storage.
- Cling wrap the roll and leave in refrigerator for 3 hours (or until firm)
- Slice the roll into 7 mm thick pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet into an oven preheated to 175ºC, and let cookies bake for 15 minutes. Once the edges start to brown, the cookies are ready to serve!
- The amount of sugar used can be adjusted to taste. You can even use healthier substitutes like honey or stevia!
- If you are not a fan of chocolate, feel free to replace chocolate chips with your favourite dried fruit or nuts.