Matcha Ice Cream 抹茶アイス
What you need:
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Odayaka Matcha (12g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Half-and-Half*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*To make 2 cups Half-and-Half, mix 1½ cup whole milk with ½ cup heavy cream. For a lower fat option, mix 1½ cup whole milk with 1 cup light cream instead.
5 simple steps:
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and granulated sugar until well-mixed.
- In a pot, bring vanilla-infused milk to a light simmer before adding egg mixture. Stir constantly while cooking until mixture reaches 80ºC and is thickened.
- Remove pot from heat and whisk the mixture while adding matcha and Half-and-Half. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator and put the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer overnight.
- Rise and shine the next day and add your chilled ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker. Churn for 20 minutes until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Freeze in a large container for 6 hours and your matcha ice cream is ready to serve!
- For a fuller matcha taste, add an additional tsp of Odayaka Matcha.
- We recommend matcha ice cream to be served with red bean paste or mochi!