Matcha Milk Spread 抹茶ジャム
What you need:
- 2 tsp Odayaka Matcha (4g)
- 1 cup Half-and-Half*
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp whole milk powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
*To make 1 cup Half-and-Half, mix ½ cup whole milk with ½ cup heavy cream. For a lower fat option, mix ½ cup whole milk with ¾ cup light cream instead.
4 simple steps:
- In a small bowl, sift matcha. Add boiling water, granulated sugar and whole milk powder, and mix until an even texture.
- In a pot, bring Half-and-Half to a light simmer before adding matcha mixture. Whisk occasionally while reducing mixture over low heat for 20 minutes, until it is thick and creamy.
- Remove pot from heat and let the spread cool to room temperature, before transferring it to a jar.
- Refrigerate the spread for 2 hours and it is ready to serve!
- For a fuller matcha taste, add an additional tsp of Odayaka Matcha.
- We recommend matcha milk spread to be served on toast, waffles or pancakes!